Small business owners sometimes fail in some area of marketing campaign, because the lack of attainable goals to set on their marketing plan. Understanding the few elements of marketing campaign can be of a great help especially if this is your first time to market your small business.
The common marketing campaign that you will surely need
- Branding your business – advancement of technology is one great tool to use when you are branding your business. You can use free platforms to do so, but before you start sharing your brand to the rest of the world, you must make sure that you have all the information intact, such as business description, business slogan, logo, website etc.
- Website Creation – As mentioned above it is viral that you create a business website for your new small business, to present to your prospects.
- Logo Creation – create a logo that is interesting, easy to remember and that says all about your small business
- Blogging/content marketing – one of the most popular and must have strategy to have on your marketing campaign is business blog; self hosted blog to be exact. Start creating contents that is relevant to your business niche on your blog.
- Social media marketing – engages real time with your prospects, and learn to create relationship.
- Client research – client research is very important, you need to know your target audience and be where your target spends most of their time online.
- Competitive analysis – look at your competitors and what are the strategies that they implement on their marketing campaign, which makes them successful online.
- SEO – Search engine optimization method can be done through outsourced SEO Company who knows just the right move to get your small business rank on search engines. This is a great way and effortless way to market your products/services
Simple steps to start creating your marketing plan
- Your business goals – even with a great marketing plan, if you do not set goals to it, you will never be able to attract customers or worse grow your business
- Financial aspects – A marketing campaign is as much valuable to your business as your revenue, there will be no revenue to look forward to without a marketing campaign that works. Decide how much you want to spend advertising your business online and offline.
- Choosing your marketing tools – this should be done in advance, pick the channels where your target audience spend most of their time. Get ideas from your competitors.
- You marketing calendar – this is a great way to track your progress and your amount you spent on your marketing campaign. Marketing calendar is also a great way to give your marketing campaign a timeframe. You can change your marketing strategies after 6 months, therefore it is also important that your marketing calendar is up to date.
- Creating your marketing mix – marketing should be done through various marketing tools, such as social media marketing, content marketing, media marketing and offline marketing, create own personal mix of marketing campaign by being creative or consulting a small business marketer.
The growth of a small business is based upon the marketing objective of the firm; every small business marketing plan must begin with detailed statement and target. To achieve better promotion on your products and services you must mix your marketing campaign, and always be ready to adapt to changes and be flexible according to these changes.
- How to Use Memes in Your Social Media Marketing Campaign by @jaysondemers (searchenginejournal.com)
- How To Start Your Own Email Marketing Campaign (knowhow-now.com)
- Global Marketing Campaigns: Is Your Approach Personalized for Each Locale? (business2community.com)